And So It Begins…A Legal Marijuana Industry Is Born

Today’s the day Washington State takes applications for legalized, for profit, marijuana businesses. It seems like only yesterday I was closing the blinds, hiding my pot smoking-turned-growing bud business. We didn’t even dare mention the word Pot in any cell phone conversation. “Can I get some ‘salad’?’” my friends would ask.  Now its “I want an ounce of that deep purple sticky-icky.”
Some of Seattle’s Leading MJ Brand – including Cannabis Basics, Sativa Valley, Wicked Wicks, Ettalew’s, Kush Creams, Evergreen Herbal, Vita Verde, Have a Heart, Fweedom, Dope Magazine, Patient2Patient and Hempfest Central.

Now I tell any barista that asks that I’m headed to a meeting of potreprenuers. I’ve updated my social and professional networks to include my work in the world of weed. I was shocked when I asked a friend to join me in this endeavor, he said he couldn’t tell his parents, or his kids, what he’d be doing. “You gotta come out of the pot closet,” I said, “otherwise get out of the fast lane, because you’ll get run over.”

It’s not a perfect system. Medical marijuana is on the ropes, and 420 Leaks reports there are accusations of unethical and corrupt behavior by the Liquor Control Board. With all of this going on behind the scenes, it’s sure to be long and bumpy ride towards stabilization and monetization.

Giddy Up and Good Luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hempy 2014!

Coming Out of the Pot Closet

WSLCB Board Action: Withdrawal of Emergency Rule That Extended the Social Equity in Cannabis Program Application period