Book Review: “Cannabis for Capitalists: Production Horticulture Tools, Materials, Techniques & Resources”

My editor handed me a book to review, but not a printed version, rather a thumb drive in a padded envelope. I was told that this USB unit has an expiration date, encouraging visions of a smoking time bomb after I insert it into my aging laptop.

Speaking of smoke, ‘Cannabis for Capitalists’ really is more of a users’ guide for growing mass quantities of marijuana - excuse me, for growing CANNABIS. Considering this was written Kerrie Badertscher, a certified professional horticulturist, and her husband Kurt Badertscher, both of Otoké Horticulture, I should probably use proper terminology.

Once you get past the text formatting issues of the PDF, there is an overwhelming amount of scientific information for horticultural growers. Cannabis for Capitalists explains how to properly interpret fertilizer labels, for example, and have dedicated a full chapter to Microbial Soil Biopesticides. They cover new industry worker safety standards, staff and garden checklists, photos and references. It’s a very thorough reference guide for any experienced or intermediate grower. Otoke is USDA and MMED approved which is great considering the future of large scale cannabis production.

If I were to print this 331 page manual (which I cannot, since it’s a review copy only), it would cost about $30. The online version is normally $100, now on sale for $50, and I’d probably pay that if I were considering a major grow operation. But then again, if I were planning a major grow operation, and I didn’t know half the stuff in this book, I would reconsider my pipe dreams.

You can find more information about Otoke on their website: http://otokehort.com/


Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hempy 2014!

Coming Out of the Pot Closet

PureTech Provides End of Year Report on Key Progress