Giving Up the Grow

Man, I can't believe it's been so long since I last wrote in this thing. I'm not the same person, doing the same thing. Everything has changed - my job, my home, my waisteline. I’ve given up my entire basement grow operation, and moved out of my house so I can be closer to the 'office'. Thankfully my son is there to pay the mortgage and feed the cat, who I left behind to watch over him and his new roommates. He didn’t want to take over the family business, in favor of being a landlord, because its easier, and beer pong is more fun with humans than plants.

Since I've taken a day job in cannabis, I realize now ALL the people in this industry are nuts. I guess you have to be in order to change the world, and other peoples' perspectives on cannabis, plus they're all medicated for a reason. (Yo, kettle!) Sometimes we're our own worst enemy, with the douchiest of douchebags still trying to ruin it for everyone from the inside out, egos always interrupting. But still, I have much hope, as we live to fight another day for cannabis freedom. 

I am most encouraged by Cannabis Women -- they're everywhere, literally! I see them on 60 Minutes, on TEDx talks, writing articles and books, on stage at events, forming alliances, healing the sick, and now we're even in fucking National Geographic! If that doesn't give a legitimate spotlight on the industry, I don't know what would -- other than smoking a bit fatty with my boyfriends, Barrry O. and Dr. Gupta - at the same time.


National Geographic, June 2015 Photo by Lynn Johnson

It's pretty powerful when we're all in one magical space together -- enlightened women get it. We're not distracted by the ugly outside world of naysayers and misogynistic buttholes -- we're bold, vibrant and completely unstoppable in our pursuit of bringing cannabis to the entire world. We get shit done. Period.

My beret is off to you, Women of Cannabis! Thank you tremendously for your encouragement and inspiration to the next generation of breeders and leaders!

We couldn't do it without you. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hempy 2014!

Coming Out of the Pot Closet

PureTech Provides End of Year Report on Key Progress